About PinkCity - Jaipur - Pink City - Gulabi Nagar – जयपुर
Why we call pink city: Jaipur has nicknames by color. Jaipur is the Pink city because all the buildings have a pinkish tint to them. Udaipur (another city in Rajasthan) is known as the white city because the majority of the buildings are made of marble there.Pink city is the capital of Rajasthan state, India. Jaipur City Founded by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh ji in 1727. The Jaipur city which once had been the capital of the royalty now is the capital city of Rajasthan. The very structure of Jaipur resembles the taste of the Rajputs and the Royal families. In the present date, Jaipur is the major business centre for the natives of Rajasthan with all requisites of a metropolitan city.
Why Jaipur is most important?
- Jaipur in top 10 rich city lists - According to first of its kind of survey on the lifestyle and Media consumption patterns of the Upper Middle and Rich (UMAR) class done by Nielsen, Pink City features in the top 10 affluent cities in the country.
- Rambagh Palace Jaipur ranks in World's top 100 hotels - Taj Group hotel Rambagh Palace in Jaipur has been voted one of the best hotels in the world by Condi Nast Travelers annual Readers Travel Awards for 2009 across travel and industry categories in the World Top 100.
- Best place - In a recent international survey Jaipur was ranked the 7th best place to visit in Asia
Jaipur Climate & Geography:
Jaipur is located at 26°55′N 75°49′E / 26.92°N 75.82°E / 26.92; 75.82.] It has an average elevation of 432 meters (1417 ft)
The district is situated in the eastern part of Rajasthan. It is situated in the north by Sikar and Alwar, in South by Tonk, Ajmer and Sawai Madhopur, Nagaur, Sikar and Ajmer in the west and in east by Bharatpur and Dausa districts. Banas and Banganga are the major rivers passing through the Jaipur district
Education hub Jaipur:
Jaipur is a center location for steady purpose also. The city is very peaceful and many north Indian families prefer to send their children’s to Jaipur for higher and technical education.
Currently Jaipur has more than 55 Management colleges, 80 engineering colleges, 20 Pharmacy colleges, 3 medical colleges and 6 dental colleges. The Rajasthan University also located in Jaipur only. Rajasthan University Ranked as A++ as well as in fourth position in India as a largest number of qualified in NET by CSR and UGC
Jaipur was founded by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh in 1727, Maharaja Sawai jai Singh was a Kachwaha Rajput, who ruled from 1699-1744. Initially his capital was Amber city, which lies at a distance of 11 km from Jaipur. He felt the need of shifting his capital city with the increase in population and growing scarcity of water. Jaipur is the first planned city of India. The King consulted several books on architecture and architects before making the lay out of Jaipur. Jaipur city designed by architect Vidyadhar Bhattacharyaas per Vastu Shastra “Hindu architecture”. Jaipur is full of famous forts, enchanting palaces and lovely temples
The construction of the city started in 1727. It took around 4 years to complete the major palaces, roads and square. The city was built following the principles of Shilpa Shastra, the Indian Architecture. The city was divided into nine blocks, of which two consist the state buildings and palaces, with the remaining seven allotted to the public. Huge fortification walls were made along with seven strong gates.
For the time, architecture of the town was very advanced and certainly the best in Indian subcontinent. In 1853, Prince of Wales visited Jaipur; the whole city was painted pink to welcome him. Today, avenues remain painted in pink; provide a distinctive appearance to the city. In the 19th century the city grew rapidly; by 1900 it had a population of 160,000. And in 2001 it’s was 2,324,319
Sir Mirza Muhammad Ismail Diwan of Jaipur (1942-1946) joins as the prime minister. The main market of Jaipur has been named Mirza Ismail Road (MI Road). The city was planned according to Indian Vastu Shastra. The directions of each street and market are east to West and North to South. The Eastern gate is called Suraj Pol (Sun), while the Western gate is called Chand Pol (Moon). There are only three gates facing east, west, and north including the Northern gate (known as Zorawar Singh gate) which faces toward the ancestral capital of Amber, while many gates face south.
The Historical places in Jaipur:
- Nahargarh Fort - Meaning the Tiger Fort it was built in 1734 AD and provides some stunning views of the city. A royal retreat for the Maharanis, it was also used as a treasury for many year.
- Jaigarh Fort - built in 1726 by Sawai Jai Singh, the world's largest cannon on wheels is located here.
- Amber Fort Fort- built in the 16th century by Raja Man Singh
- Jantar Mantar - by astronomer king Jai Singh's
- Hawa Mahal - built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh
- Govind Dev ji Temple - by Sawai Jai Singh
- Swargashuli - by Sawai Ishwari Singh in 1749
- Ram Niwas Bagh - by Sawai Ram Singh in 1868
- Albert Hall Museum - 1887 AD
- Jai Mahal
- The City Palace
- Galta ji